Dusk and Her Embrace: The Original Sin

The domain of those to post discussion on things in general and about Cradle of Filth
zeroumus0
Warlocks Arse

29 Jun 2016, 19:27 #1

YOU CAN'T STOP THE ROCK!!!
Cradle Of Filth begin writing for their next album (due date Autumn 2017e.h) over the next few months, and the band are intrigued as to what fans are expecting/keen on, both in direction, theme and sound.
Obviously we're going to partially ignore the naysayers who want everything to sound exactly like Cradle 1996 -the never-before-released version of 'Dusk.. And Her Embrace' subtitled 'The Original Sin'(1995) is out in July via Cacophonous Records, by the way- but everything will be taken onboard, baring in mind that people understand that the band is Cradle Of Filth 2016, and one that will be expanding on the continued success of last year's 'Hammer Of The Witches'.
And we are definitely curious, so please fire away…
On another tract, please also vote for us to be crowned best UK band (see elsewhere on this page) in this year's Metal Hammer Golden Gods awards categories and save the world from the usual expected fare!

I preordered the hell out of this, if nothing else than sheer curiosity (and the value of the pound slipping down lately). It's a bit funny that a Dusk and Her Embrace will be released on Cacophonous after all. 

We also never had a thread about the Total Fucking Darkness CD, which was pretty awesome but I still prefer the murky watery versions of the original demo.

angels hunter
Warlocks Arse

29 Jun 2016, 20:11 #2

The various snippets heard in the video with Dani explaining the release were awesome. The savagery of V Empire crossed with the haunted atmosphere of Dusk... Shame that Queen of Winter Throned is not on the tracklist tho. Image

Also, CoF are working on a remaster of Cruelty and the Beast. Not sure if it's for a Fall 2016 or and early 2017 release. Truly exciting times for fans of 90 CoF

zeroumus0
Warlocks Arse

05 Jul 2016, 15:13 #3

I've been listening to the stream today: http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-07-04/ ... iginal-sin
It definitely feels a lot more synth heavy and has that V Empire gutteral vocal style. And god damn, the Beauty Slept in Sodom solo is a beast. I prefer Damien's soundtrack-y synth, but just about every other element outpaces the later version of DaHE, which now sounds a bit sterile by comparison.