Suicidal Black Metal - Open Discussion

Review/Talk about your favorite albums,bands, videos/DVD's, and movies here
PrinceOfWinter
Warlocks Arse

25 Apr 2008, 17:12 #1

Here lies the recommendation thread for suicidal, depressive or otherwise epic and atmospheric Black Metal.

The first recommendation posed by myself wouldbe Iranian band Ekove Efrits. This is no Jangli Jaggas...this is gun-in-mouth Black Metal at its finest, Mideast
or no Mideast.

http://www.ekoveefrits.com/

Let us pray for the death of America; a slow, rotting death, beginning in the center and moving outward, vengefully

Satanic Elite
Order Of The Dragon

25 Apr 2008, 19:05 #2

Suicide/depressive black metal is absolutely my favourite type of black metal. I love bands with soul-destroying riffs and vocals. That's the thing with a lot of suicide/depressive bands: they claim to be depressive, yet their riffs sound like they could have come from any old black metal release.
Anyway, I thoroughly recommend Austere ( http://www.myspace.com/bandaustere ); not least because we're doing a split with them, but because they play to perfection; stunning at what they do.
I also recommend my band, Lyrinx ( http://www.myspace.com/lyrinx ). This may sound arrogant (I don't care though, as I know I'm not saying this in arrogance or being egotistic; this is merely what I believe), but Lyrinx are one of my favourite depressive/suicidal black metal bands, and I am very proud to be part of it!
This is no Jangli Jaggas...
Christ on a bike, I remember when we stumbled upon them on mp3.com about half a decade ago, Jer. Hah!
Also, Jeremy, I believe you inquired about Lyrinx CDs in another thread... I don't have any copies of 'Nihilistic Purity' left; but I'm sure some distros have copies. Oh, and Goatowarex has some, but surely you know how unreliable Dani is. Those Opposed Recs will be rereleasing it at some point too. Dai might have some copies left; message him on the Lyrinx MySpack if you want (he runs the page, innit).
I recommend our upcoming split with Austere highly, though. Every aspect of the music is soul-destroying. :)
Last edited by Satanic Elite on 25 Apr 2008, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

PrinceOfWinter
Warlocks Arse

25 Apr 2008, 21:25 #3

Haha, yeah. We got a hell of a laugh out of Jangli Jaggas.

When's the split coming out? I don't use MySpace...could you possibly ask Mr. Daimonax if he has any copies available for trade or something? I did a
dirty thing and immorally downloaded Nihilistic Purity, and I thoroughly enjoy it! Therefore, I want to own it.

What did you think of Ekove Efrits? Their later material is pretty good. Early stuff is trash-can BM, methinks.

Let us pray for the death of America; a slow, rotting death, beginning in the center and moving outward, vengefully

metalmavrik
Filthy Fuck

26 Apr 2008, 00:31 #4

I am def. looking up all of the forementioned bands. I am having a hard time finding a band that truely quenches my thirst for dark and morbid.
"Fuck Mary!" sayeth the Lord. And it was good.

devil2metal
Vampire Mess

26 Apr 2008, 01:49 #5

I rather listen to vampiric, gothic, or satanic black metal Image
come to me my pale enchantressImage

Daviddellamorte
Filthy Fuck

26 Apr 2008, 07:43 #6

when I've got a free second, and I'm not half dead asleep I'll be checking out all the bands mentioned in this thread, I rather enjoy finding new
avenues of black metal, be it depressive, industrialized or other
"I took her by the hand to say

All faith forever has been washed away

I returned for you in great dismay

Come with me, far away to stay"

Vista6
Warlocks Arse

28 Apr 2008, 01:50 #7

When Jer told me "I found this Iranian Black Metal band....they are excellent," I initially though "Can't they get killed for making this
kind of music in their country," then I though "Iranian Black Metal....pppfffftt."

I was waaaaay off. These guys are fuckin' great!
ImageYour Signature ...

Eenzaamheid
Order Of The Dragon

28 Apr 2008, 03:37 #8

Yeah, I think Iran is the country where they hide in the mountains in order to do sinful things like speaking to the other sex or listening to music. I'm
not sure about the getting killed though, I think that's just the homosexuals. Ah, civilisation.

Anyway, once I get an internet connection working at the icky shared house I'll definitely be looking into these (keep 'em coming, btw Image). Lately,
I've found my interests in black metal once again awoken (Darkthrone does have a purpose!).
And, anywhere you might wander

You can make that your home

Just as long as you've got love in your heart

You'll never be alone

Just as long as you've got love in your heart

You'll never be alone

You'll never be alone

Daviddellamorte
Filthy Fuck

28 Apr 2008, 14:25 #9

*off topic slightly but* Have you heard the newest Darkthrone album F.O.A.D? It's fucking awesome. I almost wish they would go back and re-record some
older material with the new production they've got going now.
"I took her by the hand to say

All faith forever has been washed away

I returned for you in great dismay

Come with me, far away to stay"

Satanic Elite
Order Of The Dragon

28 Apr 2008, 18:56 #10

Pah! I bet the latest Darkthrone's a pile of shit, tbh. I only liked some of their older stuff anyway; always found them to be pretty overrated. The recent albums have been a complete fucking joke though.

Anyway, keep your dirty Darkthrone out of this pristine thread!
When's the split coming out? I don't use MySpace...could you possibly ask Mr. Daimonax if he has any copies available for trade or something? I did a dirty thing and immorally downloaded Nihilistic Purity, and I thoroughly enjoy it! Therefore, I want to own it.
Sure. I'll be seeing him this weekend (for some good, hard romping sessions), so I will ask 'im then.

Fair [email protected] downloading shizzle. To be honest, my care factor when it comes to people downloading Lyrinx is pretty low. I suppose it's naive of me, really, but I feel flattered that people want to share our music around, even if they are doing it for free...
What did you think of Ekove Efrits? Their later material is pretty good. Early stuff is trash-can BM, methinks.
I'll check them out tonight, man. Not been able to thus far, as I'm at my mum's house and her computer is vile.